Monday 26 April 2010

Melbourne to Sydney again!


It was the last part of my trip round Australia, I can't believe it's gone so fast!
On the way back to Sydney we stopped at Wilson's Prom national park, the most Southerly point in mainland Australia. There were amazing views out to sea from up there. We visited squeaky beach which is a white sand beach that squeaks under foot.
The next day it was up to the snowy mountains, except there wasn't much snow! It was pretty cold though as we climbed the highest mountain in Australia. The hot tub in the hotel I stayed in was appreciated! And the free locally distilled schnapps!
On the last day of my 3 day trip we called in to Canberra where we had a look round the Parliament. The city itself was a bit dull though!
The it was back to Sydney, hadn't changed much in 2 months. I did all the things I didn't do last time, like the Blue Mountains. That was such a good day trip. The mountains really did look blue in the haze of the sun. We did a lot of hiking that day as well to see waterfalls and look out over the mountains. The highlight was the vertical mountain railway which went at such an angle up the mountain I thought I'd fall out!
On my last day in Oz I went to the botanical gardens and did the harbour bridge etc just to get more photos!
I really enjoyed my trip round Australia! I can't believe it's over! But bring on New Zealand.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment