Thursday 10 June 2010

Fiji

Last stop on my trip. I started of on the mainland in a lovely hostel (more like a hotel) in Nadi where the food was absolutely lovely and I just sat by the pool for a day.
Then it was off island hopping. First stop was Coral View resort where I was greeted on the island by signing from the locals. In the evening there was entertainment with a traditional Fijian band and songs.
Next stop was Long Beach-it really did have a Long Beach! It was a beautiful beach with white sand and clear blue water. I chilled out under the palm trees in a hammock. I also did some basket weaving and made myself a beach bag and went to visit the local village and the school.
Next island was White Sandy Beach, and that also lived up to it's name! The locals performed traditional dances for us in the evening and we had traditional Fijian food-so lots of fish! The next day I did some snorkeling. It was like swimming in a fish tank and the coral was absolutely beautiful.
Then it was onto Korovu where I got to try my hand at weaving a bracelet and the locals performed fire dances. On sunday morning I went to the local church service-we had to get a boat there!
The next island was Waya Lailai. Here I did another scuba dive and got to swim with reef sharks. There were about 6 of them just swimming along with me on my own personal dive.
My final island stop was on South Sea Island, which was so small you could walk round it in 10 minutes! Here I did some more snorkeling, sea kayaking and even went on a glass bottom boat.
Then it was back to the mainland to top up my tan!

See you all soon, hopefully I will still be brown then!
xxxx

1 comment: