Monday 15 February 2010

Kyoto



I'm feeling pretty pleased that I got myself to and from Kyoto on my own! Yes I read a map and even used my compass successfully! Admittedly I did go round in a few circles but I got there in the end!!

Kyoto was amazing, apart from the rain. I got a bullet train there, so fast! In amongst the modern city there are parts which are untouched and traditional. I visited the largest temple made of wood, and it's pretty big and impressive as it's stood for such a long time! Then I went to a shrine full of hundreds of statues of Buddha, each has a slightly different face! The main Buddha was huge! Although sadly couldn't take any pictures so you will have to take my word that it was impressive! I went round Gion, the Geisha district, but sadly I didn't catch a glimpse of any. There was so much to see so I'm pretty tired now!

Had a nightmare bus ride back from the station as my Romanian 'friend' from followed me back all the way, he just won't get the hint. It was pretty scary, but I'm safe now don't worry!

It I can survive that, I'm sure I will be fine in Tokyo tomorrow!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. You managed to use your compass?!! I am impressed :P I love your all your pictures everything is so pretty!! Glad your having an amazing time so far!

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete