Tuesday 23 February 2010

Tokyo and Nara

Not had chance to update for a while but before I tell you about Oz, just a few more Japanese adventures.

I caught the bullet train to Tokyo, it was amazing and got me there in 3 hours. I didn't have long in Tokyo but it was so hectic I needed a rest after! The first place I went to was Harajuku where all the cool kids hang out..and me! There were really cool shops but I didn't see any real Harajuku girls! I then went to the Meiji shrine. It's set in a huge park, I couldn't believe I was in the middle of Tokyo! I then headed up the Government tower to get a view of the city which was cool but I couldn't see Mt Fuji, it was too cloudy! I then had a wander round the designer shops in Ginza, one day I will be able to shop in them!! I was pretty tired after my day in Tokyo!

The next day was a bit more chilled as I went to Nara park. It was my favourite place in Japan. It's a massive park with shrines and temples everywhere you look and deer that just wander round everywhere! The temple houses a huge statue of Buddha-the photos just don't do it justice! I was in awe! The whole place is really pretty, like old style Japan. I think I preferred it to Kyoto, but then the weather was much better!

My final day in Japan soon came around. I went back to Tokyo and this time I did the fish market, which was cool, but smelly! And I went to the Sony building and tried out their 3D TV's. I then had to catch my flight which all went ok. I saw Taylor Swift at the airport-she was wearing massive high heels, not v good for travelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment